Bucharest, RomaniaAretera is looking for a full-time public policy consultant to join our growing team in Bucharest. The role will suit anyone with at least 5 years’ experience and exposure to public affairs either within a consultancy or in-house corporate support role. This is an excellent opportunity to develop your career with one the most experienced teams of government relations and public affairs professionals in the region, serving a range of leading global clients across multiple industry sectors.Key tasks and responsibilities:
Requirements for the position: Education● Bachelor or Master’s Degree in a relevant field such as political science, public relations, public policy, communications, or a specialization în this field is required. ● Excellent writing skills, particularly the ability to summarize complex subjects and trends into succinct summaries in English.● Fluent written and spoken Romanian and English are required.Experience● Significant experience in public affairs, government relations or a related field is essential.● Established relationships with key stakeholders such as government officials, community leaders, and relevant organizations can be a significant asset.● Previous experience in representing clients within advocacy activities at the level of the Parliament or Government is a plus.● Previous experience developing common projects between the private sector and the public authorities.Essential skills● Strategic Thinking - Strong strategic thinking and problem-solving skills to develop effective public affairs strategies.● Analytical Skills - The ability to analyze complex policy issues, research data, and assess the impact of proposed legislation or regulations.● Communication Skills - Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential for crafting persuasive messages and representing clients effectively.● Networking - Effective networking skills to expand contacts and stay informed about political and policy developments.● Adaptability - The capacity to deal with rapidly changing political landscapes and issues, as well as working under pressure and time sensitive requirements. Ethical standards/Legal compliance● A strong commitment to ethical conduct and compliance with relevant laws and regulations.● Essential knowledge and understanding of the relevant legislation of advocacy efforts compliance.
- Strategic planning - Developing and implementing public affairs strategies to achieve specific goals, often in the context of government relations or corporate advocacy.
- Stakeholder engagement - Building and maintaining relationships with government officials, community leaders, NGOs, and other stakeholders from the national and local administration for advising and assisting our clients, under the supervision of our local management.
- Policy analysis - Monitoring and analyzing legislative and regulatory developments to provide insights and recommendations to clients or organizations.
- Crisis management - Preparing for and responding to public relation crises or issues that might impact a client’s reputation.
- Advocacy Campaigns - Developing and leading advocacy campaigns to support or oppose specific policies, regulations, or issues.
- Working closely and reporting directly to the Country Director as well as interacting with other team members of Aretera Public Affairs in Romania and CEE.
Applications: The first stage of the application process is to send us your CV and Cover Letter outlining your candidacy to: firstname.lastname@example.org until November 10, 2023.
Following our internal analysis, the selected candidates will be contacted for an initial interview by local management.